Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Surgery is under way


Mason entered the OR at 1:03, and we get our first update at 2. Handing him over was the hardest thing I've ever done. He was on "goofy juice", so he was really loopy. He fell asleep on me in the moby wrap right before he went back, but I had to take him out to weigh him, and he woke up. The nurse took him and he started to fuss a little. We watched them walk through the door to the OR, and then we headed back out to the waiting room. They say he won't remember anything because of the medicine, but I keep seeing his little face, scared and confused, and it breaks my heart. Updating the blog really helps right now.

He did have a very fun time this morning after check in because he just got to play in the huge room of toys. He didn't seem to think about milk, until around 12 when he started asking for it. That's when I just put him in the wrap and let him have my finger.

Here are some photos from this morning.

Playing in the playroom before surgery.


Playing with Grandma.


Walking to the holding room.








Peaceful sleeping baby.


Family photo right before he went in to surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment