Sunday, September 13, 2009

And we're off...

It's 10am and we're packing the last few things in the car and heading out. Of course, we'll need to stop by a couple of places before we leave town (mostly Milagros for coffee), so we'll probably actually leave town at 11. Everything takes so much longer with a toddler! We're not stressed about leaving a little later than planned though, because we're doing the trip in two days. Thanks to Chris Mackey for arriving at the perfect time this morning to hang out with Mason while Mama and Papa packed, to Karen for putting up the rest of the tomatos I didn't get to and to Paula for bringing over food last night. We have such amazing friends. Getting ready to go yesterday was a little (ok, a lot) emotional for me because it's just one more way that it's becoming real. I asked Aaron yesterday, "How can I possibly do this? How can I just hand over Mason to go with strangers and have this done to him?" He said, "How can we not?" I'm still holding on to the (small) hope that when we get there they'll tell us he doesn't need the surgery after all. Well, it's time to leave! More updates later.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are amazing, and you have an amazing son. You're definitely in my thoughts and prayers. xoxox, Chad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Aaron and Allison and Mason,

    I'll be following you on your journey every day and keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing this with us. Vivia

    ReplyDelete